Every day, the people in your organization make decisions that affect your business. When they have the right information at the right time, they can make the choices that move your company in the right direction.
Here are some of the benefits of using Amazon QuickSight for analytics, data visualization, and reporting:
- The in-memory engine, called SPICE, responds with blazing speed.
- No upfront costs for licenses and a low total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Collaborative analytics with no need to install an application.
- Combine a variety of data into one analysis.
- Publish and share your analysis as a dashboard.
- Control features available in a dashboard.
- No need to manage granular database permissions—dashboard viewers can see only what you share.
For advanced users, QuickSight Enterprise edition offers even more features:
- Saves you time and money with automated and customizable data insights, powered by machine learning (ML). This enables your organization to do the following, without requiring any knowledge of machine learning:
- Automatically make reliable forecasts.
- Automatically identify outliers.
- Find hidden trends.
- Act on key business drivers.
- Translate data into easy-to-read narratives, like headline tiles for your dashboard.
- Provides extra Enterprise security features, including the following:
- Federated users, groups, and single sign-on (SSO) with AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Federation, SAML, OpenID Connect, or AWS Directory Service for Microsoft Active Directory.
- Granular permissions for AWS data access.
- Row level security.
- Highly secure data encryption at rest.
- Access to AWS data and on-premises data in Amazon Virtual Private Cloud
- Offers pay-per-session pricing for the users that you place in the "reader" security role—readers are dashboard subscribers, people who view reports but don't create them.
- Empowers you to make QuickSight part of your own websites and applications by deploying embedded console analytics and dashboard sessions.
- Makes our business your business with multitenancy features for value-added resellers (VARs) of analytical services.
- Enables you to programmatically script dashboard templates that can be transferred to other AWS accounts.
- Simplifies access management and organization with shared and personal folders for analytical assets.
- Enables larger data import quotas for SPICE data ingestion and more frequently scheduled data refreshes.
To learn more, see the following video, which contains a two-minute introduction to Amazon QuickSight. The audio contains all of the relevant information.